Families can apply for Christmas assistance and The Salvation Army of the Coastal Bend distributes Angel Tags with each child represented on a tag and puts them on special Angel Trees in the community.
The main locations of our Angel trees are: La Palmera Mall and Olive Garden.
If you need assistance with giving your children Christmas gifts this year, you can register for our Angel Tree program.
Registration 2020 dates are: September 21-30
You can register online by clicking the button below. Or, if you don’t have access to a computer or cannot register online, you can pick up a printed packet from 9AM-3PM Monday-Friday at 1802 Buford St. September 21-30.
Further instructions will be provided in the application process, either online or the printed packet.
Items required to register:
- Valid Id/Driver’s License
- Proof of All Income: SNAP benefits, check stubs, or child support
- Proof of All BILLS: rent, light, gas, water, cable, car payment, insurance, phone
- Birth Certificates: for all children 12 or younger/ Or Proof of Guardianship
- Proof of Residence: lease agreement or notarized letter from homeowner
- The Salvation Army of the Coastal Bend’s Angel Tree serves children ages 12 and younger. We cannot register a child that is not yet born.
- If you have a child with disabilities, who is older than 12, please make us aware of this.
- Registration with The Salvation Army does not guarantee that you will receive a gift. The Salvation Army is not responsible for the quantity or quality of the gifts received. This information may be shared with another group or person for assistance or verification.
- You must bring all the documents with you when you are called for an appointment.
- By signing the application, you are stating that the information you have given us is correct and true. Any false information could lead to disqualification from our program.