Families can apply for Christmas assistance and The Salvation Army of the Coastal Bend distributes Angel Tags with each child represented on a tag and puts them on special Angel Trees in the community.
The main locations of our Angel trees are: La Palmera Mall and Olive Garden.
If you need assistance with giving your children Christmas gifts this year, you can register for our Angel Tree program.
Registration for 2020 is now reopened for November 2-6. To make an appointment, call (361) 442-0863.
If you need further assistance or have any questions, call our Angel Tree line at (361) 442-0863.
Items required to register:
- Valid Id/Driver’s License
- Proof of All Income: SNAP benefits, check stubs, or child support
- Proof of All BILLS: rent, light, gas, water, cable, car payment, insurance, phone
- Birth Certificates: for all children 12 or younger/ Or Proof of Guardianship
- Proof of Residence: lease agreement or notarized letter from homeowner
- The Salvation Army of the Coastal Bend’s Angel Tree serves children ages 12 and younger. We cannot register a child that is not yet born.
- If you have a child with disabilities, who is older than 12, please make us aware of this.
- Registration with The Salvation Army does not guarantee that you will receive a gift. The Salvation Army is not responsible for the quantity or quality of the gifts received. This information may be shared with another group or person for assistance or verification.
- You must bring all the documents with you when you are called for an appointment.
- By signing the application, you are stating that the information you have given us is correct and true. Any false information could lead to disqualification from our program.