COVID-19 HARDSHIP APPLICANT QUALIFICATIONS
To qualify for the rent, mortgage, and utility assistance under the COVID-19 Cares Act Funding Program, your household must have experienced a financial hardship due to the COVID-19 emergency. If you have experienced financial hardship and you meet the requirements outlined below, we ask that you complete an application.
If the following apply to your circumstances, you may qualify for the COVID-19 assistance:
- My income has been lost. For example: Unemployment as a direct impact of COVID-19.
- My income has been reduced. For example: Reduced job hours, reduced pay, or a decline in self-employed business earnings as a direct impact of COVID-19.
- My income has been lost or reduced because child care was not available as a direct impact of COVID-19.
Required documents may include but not limited to:
- Furlough letter and/ or last six pay stubs
- Eviction letter, notice to vacate, statement for utilities, and/or disconnect notice
*Other qualifying factors may apply.
*Individuals currently under Section 8 housing do not qualify.