Almost 3.4 million people of all ages volunteered their time, talents, and resources to assist The Salvation Army’s work across the nation! Our volunteers are critical partners in helping us fulfill our promise to America of “Doing the Most Good.”
The Salvation Army Serving Bell County is dedicated to making a difference in our amazing city, and we can do this most effectively with your help! People helping people is the key to seeing lasting change happen in the lives of our friends and families in our community. We have a variety of volunteer opportunities available at our Center where you can literally be the difference in a person’s life.
Here are just a few ways you can help:
- Prepare and serve shelter and community meals
- Serve as a receptionist
- Sort donated items at the Family Store
- Assist with the Angel Tree program
- Ring bells at the Kettle during the Christmas season
- Assist with the Community Food Pantry
- Assist in the Reading Program
- Provide lawn maintenance
- Assist with special events
To get involved, please visit The Salvation Army Serving Bell County at 419A W. Avenue G, Temple, TX 76502 or call (254) 774-9996.
Dates for future opportunities:
- Red Kettle Program – Signup at RINGBELLS.ORG during the holiday season.
- Christmas Angel Tree Program – Adopt an Angel, donate toys, or help organize all the gifts collected.
- Hold your own Fundraiser – Have a food drive at your place of business or take up an offering at your church to help stock our shelves for the hungry families in our community.