COMMUNITY FOOD PANTRY
The Salvation Army Serving Bell County has a Community Food Pantry that is open Monday – Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon. The Communtiy Food Pantry is utilized by those that aren’t homeless, but need assistance to remain independent. Clients can receive a food box monthly from the pantry and can meet with a caseworker if they need additional assistance or resources. The caseworker can also provide referrals to other agencies, churches, and organizations.
The Salvation Army Serving Bell County receives food donations from the community, churches, and other organizations in Bell County.
Items needed in the food pantry include:
- Canned tuna, chicken or salmon
- Peanut butter
- Meals in a can (soup, stew, chili)
- Low-sodium canned vegetables
- Canned fruit in its own juice or water
- Olive or canola oil
- Spices (cinnamon, chili powder, cumin, salt-free spice blends)
- Canned foods with pop-top lids
- Low-sugar whole grain cereals
- Healthy snacks (granola bars, nuts, dried fruit)
- Infant formula
- Fresh or frozen meat
- Paper Goods
- Feminine hygiene products
Did you know, $10 daily covers the food for one client as well as food for community members needing assistance from our Community Food Pantry. If you would like to make a donation, please click here. All donations are greatly appreciated.
If your school, church, or organization would like to hold a food drive, please call (254) 774-9996 and we would be happy to assist with resources to make it a successful event.