A full week of special activities have been planned for National Salvation Army Week 2017:
• Monday – 11 AM-12 Noon – Visit with Major Bradley Caldwell, Regional Coordinator for The Salvation Army, at 4721 W. Waco Drive
• Tuesday – The Salvation Army will participate in the “Yes Expo” at the Extraco Events Center.
• Wednesday – Store wide sale at The Salvation Army Family Store, 4721 W. Waco Drive; 2-3 PM – Open House at Booth Apartments, 4200 N. 19th St., Waco.
• Thursday – Salvation Army youth will pick up trash along I-35 by The Salvation Army, 12th Street area, 1225 S. Jack Kultgen Expressway.
• Friday – 11 AM-1 PM – Open House at Sally’s House, a solutions facility for children and their families
• Sunday- 11 AM – Jerry Lewis, Salvation Army Advisory Board member, will be presented a life time membership during Sunday Worship, 1225 S. Jack Kultgen Expressway.
About Salvation Army Texas
The Salvation Army in Texas serves more than 919,500 people and families a year through its 84 local centers of operation. Daily it serves 9,612 hot meals and shelters 2,885 people. For more information please visit our website at www.salvationarmytexas.org or contact your local Salvation Army.
About The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army, an evangelical part of the universal Christian church established in 1865, has been supporting those in need in His name without discrimination for 130 years in the United States. Nearly 30 million Americans receive assistance from The Salvation Army each year through the broadest array of social services that range from providing food for the hungry, relief for disaster victims, assistance for the disabled, outreach to the elderly and ill, clothing and shelter to the homeless and opportunities for underprivileged children. 82 cents of every dollar spent is used to carry out those services in 5,000 communities nationwide. For more information, go to www.salvationarmyusa.org .