Frequently Asked Questions
Where does the money go?
When you make a gift, you are supporting The Salvation Army in Travis and Williamson counties– your donation stays local. The Salvation Army makes the most of your contributions. Eighty-two cents of every dollar you donate provides direct services to the less fortunate in our community.
Who does the money support?
Our services include:
- Emergency shelter for more than 300 people each night including wraparound services to help people move from crisis to self-sufficiency.
- The Salvation Army is the largest provider of emergency shelter in the Austin Metropolitan Area.
- The Salvation Army is the largest provider of shelter services to women and children experiencing homelessness in the Austin Area.
- Our Adult Rehabilitation Center which provides a free, faith-based six-month recovery program to help free people from addictions.
- Emergency Disaster Services for times when disaster strikes such as the recent flooding in Central Texas.
- Camps, music education and other educational and enrichment opportunities for children.
- Gifts for thousands of local children at Christmas.
- The Salvation Army provides the largest congregate meal in the Austin area with hundreds of people coming through our doors each day for a hot meal.
For more answers to your questions and to learn more, please visit our main site.