- Please complete and submit a Third-Party Proposal Application at least four weeks prior to an event to: Donna_Clendennen@uss.salvationarmy.org . If the fundraiser is to help after a natural disaster, we understand that your timeline will be compressed. You will be notified by email if your application has been approved or denied. Upon application approval, you will be sent an agreement that must be signed and returned prior to your fundraiser. The Salvation Army reserves the right to deny any applications we believe are not in line with our mission, governing principles and fundraising goals.
- The Salvation Army name and/or logo cannot be used to promote a third-party event without prior approval by The Salvation Army Marketing Department. All approved third-party fundraisers should submit digital art or copies of print materials for approval prior to posting or printing.
- The third-party fundraising activity should be one that supports the mission of The Salvation Army and our fundraising goals and practices. The Salvation Army asks that you do not organize a third-party fundraiser that includes lotteries, gambling, raffles or drawings. Any fundraiser that requires any type of license should first be discussed with and approved by The Salvation Army.
- Your third-party fundraiser should avoid conflict with an existing Salvation Army fundraising event, such as the Red Kettle Drive or Angel Tree. To avoid duplicating efforts and to protect the use of The Salvation Army name and logo, a written list of businesses, corporations or individuals to be solicited must be submitted to and approved by Austin Area Command Marketing Department prior to any solicitation.
- If you are interested in having a Salvation Army representative make a presentation please make this request on your application and we will do our best to accommodate.
- The Salvation Army Marketing staff is available to consult with you.
- The Salvation Army does not insure any third-party fundraisers. The event organizer must obtain appropriate insurance coverage for the event and MUST name The Salvation Army and the Austin Area Command as additional insureds on all policies covering the event. The event organizer will be required to produce evidence of such upon request.
- For more information, contact the Corporate Relations Department at Donna_Clendennen @uss.salvationarmy.org
- All checks should be made payable to the proper name of the event beneficiary: The Salvation Army Austin Area Command.
The Salvation Army asks that you keep accurate accounts of your event. Please know that The Salvation Army neither funds nor is responsible for any expenses incurred for a third-party fundraising activity. Events must comply with all federal, state and local laws governing charitable fundraising, gift reporting and special events. The event organizer is responsible for obtaining any necessary permits and clearances required by the government.